Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Nursery

Wow. This is really past due, but we won't dwell on that. Life gets busy!

When we found out we were having our first girl, I decided one thing right away-her room would be pink. When we found out we were having our second girl, I decided one thing--her room would not be pink. I wanted it to be different that P's room, still girly and sweet, but different.

I fell in love with this color combo from Caden Lane and decided that our main color would be gray and I was pretty sold on the coral as well. I found this set at Pottery Barn and impulsively bought it, but glad I did! Gray, white, and coral accents was the final decision.
Monogram is from Wooden Letters etsy shop and was so pleased. It is comparable to the one they sell at PBK, but about half the price and comes unfinished. So you can easily paint any color.
Wall color is Sherwinn Williams-Online and the Coral is also SW-Ardent Coral.
I hunted down old frames by going through my mom and mother in laws collection and then primed and painted them different colors. Most of these frames once held precious family pictures, some decades ago. I love that.
We just love hand me down furniture. Refinished this dresser, which was in Spencer's parents apartment many moons ago.

Oh Hobby Lobby, you always come through when needed. And those perfect coral curtains are ordered from JC Penney, of all places. I don't think I have ever bought anything there until now. Good find!
Prints are from Gathered Nest Designs on Etsy. I found the perfect mats and frames at Aarons Brothers.

I feel like my pictures don't really do it justice. Her nursery came out even better than I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment