We have been busy in the Daigle house the past week or so. Getting the house decorated, planning our cookie exchange, Christmas shopping, working, and trying to find time to just sit and relax. I am off for two weeks and Spencer has been off this week too. Here's a little update on what we have done to get ready for Presley's first Christmas.
We get a real tree every year and this year was no different, we took Presley in the baby bjorn and she enjoyed looking at all the trees and helping us pick the 'perfect' one. Spencer puts the lights on and then I decorate. I just realized I have yet to take a picture of it all finished...but I will today. For now, here we are next to our tree this year, pre-decorations!
My friends and I started doing an annual cookie exchange last year. It is so much fun! Everyone makes 3 dozen cookies and brings an appetizer or a bottle of wine and we just eat and visit. Then we each taste the cookies that are out on display and vote for best tasting, best presentation, and best overall. Once everyone votes, the winners take home little prizes. It's great because everyone takes boxes of the assorted cookies home to share with family! Despite all the sugar in the room, Presley was the sweetest thing there this year. She was pretty good and enjoyed being held and being the center of attention for a while. Here she is all dressed up in her sweater dress for the evening. Those tights are so stinkin' cute...the have pink ruffles on the butt! Thanks to Barby (my mom) for that precious outfit!
Yesterday we finished our gift shopping and wrapping and we are ready for Christmas to be here. We will be busy, bouncing around from house to house, spending time with our wonderful families. We sure have a lot to be thankful for this year and we are ready to celebrate Presley's first Christmas. Can't wait to post about it and share pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment