Saturday, September 15, 2012

Three things I wish I invented

I have seriously said "Why didn't I invent this?" like a million times since I have had a baby. There are so many products out there that make your life easier and some of them are so simple, but so brilliant. If I would have been a mom like 10 years ago (thank God I wasn't) surely I would have thought of one of these. None that less, I am thankful that someone did! I am starting with 3 items on my mind lately.

First off, I am a huge lover of anything Plum Organics. It is the only store bought baby food that P ever ate. I am the kind of mom that tastes everything before I give it to my child, and I am telling you this stuff is yummy! The fruit blends are delish and they have so many combinations of flavors. They sell this little spoon that twists on to their products that makes feeding in restaurants or in the stroller or in the car a breeze. It even has a case! I still use this occasionally now when she decides that she would rather squeeze her applesauce snack all over her instead of eat it. The spoon fits just about any squeezable baby food, so you don't have to use it on Plum Organic products only.

The most amazing books ever! I was just recently introduced to these by my mother in law and I wish I had known about them when Presley first started looking at books. They are chew proof, water proof, they can be rolled up and stuffed in your diaper bag, and they so not tear. It is impossible for a toddler to look at a book without tearing the pages, they only books I keep in P's room are board books, but those aren't practical to travel with. These are awesome and they make that crinkle sound that babies love (similar to magazines). I think the mom who invented these is so genius. We already have 3 and I am ordering more off Amazon now!

I am a new inch bug customer, but a very pleased one. Another mommy friend told me about these when I was looking to label all P's bottles and sippies before starting back at school. They offer great customizable adhesive labels that can go in the dishwasher and mirrowave. I ordered a pack and now feel the need to label everything. My favorite thing is their Orbit Labels, they are reusable, stretchy bands than can go around just about any cup or bottle. We use these for sippy cups right now. They are also microwaveable and dishwasher safe. The name is visible, but not to flashy. One thing to note is that they do not fit Dr. Brown's bottles. Those bottles are super skinny. I'm a Medela user, but I have 2 Dr. Browns that I tried out in newborn stage (too many parts in my opinion).

And because it is just about against my religion to have a blog post without a picture.....
 GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!! 
(check out her Tom's, they are so stinkin' cute)


2 comments:

  1. just read another post on dr. brown's bottles. omg. can you imagine??
    http://bellsandkilts.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-dish-on-dr-brown-bottles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I just spent like 20 minutes reading that blog. amazing! and no I can hardly imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete