Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Recipe Share

You'll never believe it...I tried 3, count them, 3 new recipes last week and all were huge hits in this household. I have a new board on Pinterest called 'School Year Dinners' and my goal is to pin and try at least 1 new recipe a week. Well, I started off with a bang.

I am sharing what I named 'Cracker Barrel Chicken' tonight. The recipe did not have a link or a name on it, but it seemed easy so I have it a go. It tasted like something you would be served after church on Sunday after waiting 45 minutes at Cracker Barrel. It was pretty delicious.

Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts
New quartered potatoes, quartered
Green beans (canned or fresh) or any other green vegetable
Packet of Italian dressing mix
Stick of butter

Arrange the chicken and veggies in a 9X13 dish.  I used a can of green beans and then some broccoli. Sprinkle everything with Italian seasoning. Melt the stick of butter and pour over the chicken and veggies. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through. Time could vary depending on the thickness of your chicken.
photo credit: Pinterest


So, the stick of butter totally throws healthy out the window, but it's pretty much worth it. Served up with some mashed potatoes or a salad....perfect! I actually assembled it the night before and just popped it in the oven when we got home. Spence gave it two thumbs up and he is pretty tough to please when it comes to chicken dishes.Wish I could figure out who came up with this to begin with, a big Thank You!

Add it to your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment