It seems that I have been a bit of a slacker as far as keeping up to date with the growing girl. We had her 1 year check up right after her birthday-it was awful, she got 5, count them, FIVE shots. One extra for the flu shot. This round made her very drowsy, to the point that we were worried. I had open house that evening and Spence was home with her and she slept on his chest the entire time I was gone. Doctor says that she is growing perfectly and she is meeting all her milestones. So blessed with our healthy girl.
Stats:
Weight/Height: 22 lbs 13 oz and 30 inches tall
That means in 1 year she has grown 10 inches and gained 15 pounds 3 oz.
Eating Habits: Loves food! She loves her carbs & fruit (wonder where she gets that?) She will eat steamed carrots and green beans like a champ, but throws her peas to Winston. Wnjoys scrambled eggs and pancakes and goes crazy for YoBaby Strawberry/Bananna yogurt. We started her on whole milk and she is getting used to it. At first, she handed the cup back to me and looked at me like I was crazy. The tricky part is getting her to drink it out of a sippy instead of a bottle. We are down to just 1 bottle at night time and we will wean her from that in a week or two. I am all about gradual release! ;)
Sleeping Habits: I can honestly say that she is back in her crib and sleeps from 8:00-6:30 every night. It's glorious! Now we are dealing with leaky diapers because she sleeps so long. I think she wears herself out at school each day and just crashes at night. She takes just 1 nap now, usually 1 1/2 hours, 2 is we are lucky.
Personality: Sassy, but sweeter than sugar. Her personality melts our hearts. She is everything I have ever wanted in a daughter. She gives hugs and kisses like crazy, it amazes me how well she shows affection; whether it be to us or her dolls. All that said, the sass is starting to show! She will throw little 20 second tantrums, but is very easily redirected. She is very friendly and very vocal, I actually think she just likes to hear her own voice.
New Tricks: Where do I start? She dances, claps, waves hi and bye, says "hi dad," points to things and says "Dis?" and we tell her what it is. She wants to pick everything up, including her larger toys. She puts babies in her stroller, picks up her purse, and waves bye as she walks away. She climbs! On her small bench and attempts to get in and out of the bathtub. She gets books and scoots back to it in our lap. Follows directions like: go get a book, go get your ball, love your doll. I am leaving out a bunch of new things that she does, but I am too lazy to go upstairs and look at her book.
| One year old Presley |
No comments:
Post a Comment