{So, how did I document her first year?}
I think I
have done a pretty decent job documenting P's first year of life. I
have several different things that I keep up with to make sure that I do
not forget one memory, one new word, one funny moment. There are just things that I never want to forget. My husband says,
"take a mental picture"....I say take a real picture and then write it
down in 3 different places. He will appreciate it one day.
We have a traditional baby book that has our family tree and all that fun info, but my favorite tracking tool is the First Year Calendar
like this one. It is a month by month calendar that you can write down
things that are happening every couple days. I jotted down little things
like: went to Target for the first time, rode in your stroller, went in
a swing at the park, first public diaper blowout, got in the pool for the first time, got our first Christmas tree, had to leave
the restaurant b/c you were screaming. I also included all the big
milestones too. I LOVE looking back, it's just neat to see a big picture
of how much she has grown and changed. You can find them at several
baby stores or order online at places like Amazon. Spencer's mom
actually gave me the idea because she had one for him when he was a
baby.
Shutterfly!!!
I am always working on a book. I make them in 6 month increments and
they contain all the pictures and little blurbs about what we have been
up to. In addition to those, during her first year, I would write a journal entry or more like a letter to her each
month, I added pictures from that month on the page next to it. I also
included my pregnancy journal and her birth story. One day, when she is
older, I know she will love it.
Here is another idea for a book:
{Quotes}
So kids
say the greatest things right? I am going to start compiling a list of
the phrases she says and then a picture of her on that day.
For example, on Saturday morning we walked into the bedroom and Spence was still half asleep, Presley looks at him and plain as day says, "HI, daaa." I am adding that to her book b/c it seriously melts my heart. I know she is going to say the funniest things and I want to remember those. Obviously, this book will be in production for quite some time....hope Shutterfly is still around in 10 years.
For example, on Saturday morning we walked into the bedroom and Spence was still half asleep, Presley looks at him and plain as day says, "HI, daaa." I am adding that to her book b/c it seriously melts my heart. I know she is going to say the funniest things and I want to remember those. Obviously, this book will be in production for quite some time....hope Shutterfly is still around in 10 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment