Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Where is this year going?

I can not even begin to tell you how busy we have been lately. No, I haven't been traveling the world or running a multi-milllion dollar company, but I have been attending at least one baby shower or birthday party every weekend, working too much at school, grading loads of papers, and trying to teach a one year old manners at the dinner table. I just feel like this year is coming to a close and the holiday season is approaching really fast. I better start making lists and preparing, because I already have 2 holiday parties on my calendar and I know there are several more to be booked.


Let's get back to that last item I mentioned: manners. It seems like yesterday that I was flipping out because she could hold her own bottle. Now little one has been really interested in feeding herself...not with her fingers, but with her spoon and fork. I noticed her pushing food onto her spoon and raising it to her mouth so I thought, well maybe she is ready for a fork. So, here we go with a fork. It amazes me how she just knows how to do something....she immediately stabs her food with her new pink fork. She does need a little help, but she absolutely understands the purpose. Now if we can just get her to keep her plate on her tray, life would get a whole lot easier. I am so over detailing that tray after every meal! And then if she could understand that banging her tray is never going to get her a steak cooked to perfection at Del Frisco's, we would be golden.





In other exciting news: We had our first REAL pony tail over the weekend! It's tricky to get it up because of her inability to sit still for longer that 5 seconds, but its up none the less.  I think its adorable!

Update to come on her pyogenic gramuloma........maybe tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your week!






No comments:

Post a Comment