Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's Almost Here

SUMMER! There are only 25 school days, 25 little school days until Summer vacation. The warm steamy weather is here. That means I have bought at least 10 new rompers for P, stocked up on swim diapers, and done an hour of research on the best sunscreen for kids and scars. We got to spend some time by the pool this weekend and it just got me so excited for June.  I have so many things I want to do with P this summer!!

Speaking of sunscreen, I have brushed up on my sunscreen basics and I am here to share.
  • Use something that blocks UVA & UVB rays {broad spectrum}
  • Look for ingredients like Zinc Oxide and Titaniun Dioxide
  • Waterproof is the way to go
  • Apply at least 15 minutes before you are in the sun
  • SPF 30 is just as good as SPF 60 as long as you reapply every 2 hours
  • Coppertone Lotion Spray is apparently the best spray for kids. Sprays aren't recommended, but if you must, choose one like this.
  • This Aveeno is my pick, because I just trust Aveeno and we love all their products for sensitive skin and they even have a face stick which I will purchase on my next Target trip.
I have learned many things about my mom since I have became a mom. One of those things is now I understand why she would make me sit on that chair while she lathered me up with some crazy SPF and suggested that I apply my pink zinc oxide (OK, i like that part) to my nose before I dashed into the wave pool.

If this picture doesn't make you excited for summer then I don't know what will!   




1 comment: