Saturday, August 25, 2012

Recipe Share

I have been wanting to start a weekly recipe share post for a few months now, but let's see....I have been a little slacking on the posting. Maybe I have been a bit busy. Now that school is starting back up and I am off summer vaca and back to reality, I am on the hunt for quick, easy, toddler friendly, and hopefully healthy dinners. My goal is to try one new recipe a week and share the results. I even created a pin board called "School Year Dinners."

For this week I am sharing a tried and true recipe I adopted from my mother in law, one of Spencer's favorites growing up and it looks like it will be a favorite of P's too. She was crazy about these Chicken Bundles. Who wouldn't be? Cream cheese and chicken wrapped in a butter crispy croissant roll and topped with butter * breadcrumbs.  Now, I will say this is not so healthy....but fill the other side of your plate with roasted veggies and you will feel better about life.

                      Spencer's Favorite Chicken Bundles

ingredients

  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. melted butter
  • 2 1/2 C. cubed, cooked chicken or canned chicken- I usually poach chicken breasts in chicken broth and chop them up.
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped red onion
  • 1 (8 oz.) can crescent rolls
  • 1 Tbsp. melted butter
  • 3/4 C. seasoned bread crumbs

directions

Blend cream cheese (softened slightly in microwave) and butter until smooth. Add chicken, salt, pepper, milk, and onions. Stir. Separate crescent rolls in 4 rectangles. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture into center of a rectangle, then pull 4 corners of dough to center and pinch together with fingers to seal. Brush tops of each bundle with melted butter and sprinkle on bread crumbs. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.


Delicious!!! And No, I will not share the rest of the plate with you because it is embarrassing what our sides were this night. It was my first day back at work and I used that as an excuse to use canned veggies.




Try it out-you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment