I created this little piece of the world wide web to simply keep family and friends who we don't see as often as we would like up to date with the happenings of our growing family.
Today, I am going to use my blog to share a story of a family that is very near and dear to my heart. My Aunt Teri and Uncle Kevin and their three children live in North Carolina and from a picture you might see that they look like your average beautiful family of five. But, if you knew them, if you really knew them, you would find that they are a whole lot stronger than your average family.
My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer about 10 years ago, fought a long hard battle and has been cancer free for a few years. Just when things were starting to look better, my uncle went in for a routine check up last June only to discover that he was in the later stages of colon and liver cancer. He has been fighting for over a year now. It seems that just when there is a light at the end of the tunnel, there is another discovery that leads them down another path of more radiation, more chemotherapy, and all the side effects that go along with that. They have been challenged time and time again and they always find something to be positive about. They are just that strong, but we are ready for cancer to be out of our family for a while.
I wish we could be closer so that I could make meals, give hugs, and help with drives back and forth from the doctor. But I don't. So sharing their story is the best I can do. They have set up a fundraising website through youcaring.com and are raising money to help with the medical costs of not one persons cancer treatments, but two.
If you have a minute, read their story here and if you feel like giving, give. If not, just keep them in your prayers. Both are much appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment