Friday, August 31, 2012

Adjusting....


We made it through our first week back to school and work!
First day picture 2012


It sure is an adjustment after being attached at the hip all summer. P is probably adjusting better than myself. She hardly fusses when I drop her off, she begins to follow the other little girls around & clings to her sitter. I guess I can't really cry when she seems so happy to play all day. The past two afternoons, I have rushed over to get her and she has smiled first, given me a hug, them screamed bloody murder because she wants to stay. It kind of breaks my heart and I cried balled today, but it's okay. I guess I should be happy that she doesn't have red swollen eyes from crying all day. She has taken amazing naps and has been sleeping 10 hours straight at night (post about how we made that happen coming soon) so I guess I shouldn't complain.

 So, we joined a new club tonight, it's called the 'OMG, I'll take that order to go club. ' It had been long, very busy, and exhausting week so we, of course, decided to top it off with a trip to a good neighborhood Mexican joint. Well, miss sassy pants has picked up quite a squeal at her school and she decided to show off at the table. We ended up ordering our fajitas to go and left. I even had to leave my well deserved margarita, sad mama here. She was something else, I guess I better find a book on how to deal with tantrums. I mean seriously, we won't be able to eat out for like ever. I guess it's time to arrange for a babysitter and take a date night every so often.

P is becoming such a little person. It is nearly impossible for me to believe that she will turn 1 year old next weekend. Lots of errands to get finished before the big party! We are so excited to have a big celebration at our new home!!



1 comment:

  1. What restaurant did y'all go to? We haven't found a great Mexican one yet. And you can always call me to babysit while y'all get dinner! Seriously.

    Also- the new font is much easier to read!

    ReplyDelete