Friday, December 14, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Daddy fills P in on how to care for our tree.
 It's about time we got some cooler weather! I will just try to push the fact that we wore shorts and t-shirts to get our tree out of my mind and be happy that our heater is now currently running. Tree is up and decorated, the few decorations that I have {according to the husband, I threw a bunch of stuff away last year} are out, and there is a 'project present wrapping' are in the guest room. Just a few pictures and collages to share the joy.
I love the thought of saving our Christmas cards from year to year and displaying in a creative way during the holidays. SO far we just have the one from last year. I have all of our cards from last year on a ring with ribbon. I just love looking back and am ready to fill the bowl with holiday cheer from this year.

A few of my favorite ornaments. Most of the ornaments are pretty simple, but each year we add a few pieces that are unique to our year. For example; the glass heart was from the year we got married, the red poinsettia is an annual ornament from my mom, the red heart was handmade by Spencer's mom, and the little house is what I added this year....since we built a home this year.I also picked up a handful of those cute little burlap ornaments at Target for a buck each....I figured they tied everything together, since I added a bunch of twine to my bow this year.

Topper & Tree Skirt. I like a big bow on the top of my tree! I made a new one this year and no, I can not give you a tutorial because there is no rhyme or reason to my bows. They look different every time, but I really like this one. One of these days, I will make that cute layered burlap tree skirt. The one where you don't have to sew a thing! I just didn't get to it this year so I went with the good old white sheet {looks like snow right?} and cute little tree skirt. We get a real tree every year {tradition} so my hubs has to have easy access to water it. This works well!
I watched a couple you tube videos, scanned pinterest for 30 minutes, read a few informative DIY blogs and whipped up this wreath on a Saturday evening. I mean, really, what else would you do on a Saturday evening? For my first mesh wreath, I am happy with it.

That is how we are getting jolly over here.The UPS man drops off a pacakge just about every day and my stack to wrap is growing. Better get busy this weekend, now that we truly have to play "Santa."

Merry, Merry......

No comments:

Post a Comment