Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Miss P turns Two

I think I've avoided this post because I still can not believe I have a two year old. An official toddler-in her 'terrible twos.' Oh, wait, she just told me "no, mama" followed by "hush, mommy" a record 15 times this afternoon. I take that back, I do believe I have a two year old.

Her party turned out perfect in every way and she was just the center of attention all day---all week long for that matter. We do birthday weeks around here! She soaked it up and completely understood that it was her "happy day." (as she called it)

I guess our theme this year was 'fish/pool' (I am not really a theme girl---I prefer color pallets) All the snacks were in fish bowls, I had blue jello in individual cups, and a cute little hand print activity for the little ones.
Details:

Food table. We had grilled hot dogs and some east snacks. Glad to say I did not spend hours in the kitchen preparing food this year! Oh, and that banner is reused from last year.

 Fruit kabobs are such a hit with kids---and adults really. The marshmallows are a nice surprise!


 Cake Balls by Eggleston's Edibles
 Homemade cake by myself. I wanted it simple, and fluffy.
 Monogrammed romper from Smocked Auctions. It just so happened to go with the colors perfectly.
 Presley's BFF, Lola.
 Make a wish!
 Handprint fishies. Her swimsuit was too cute, it had an embroidered pink fish on it.
She applauded every gift. I'd say she was impressed!!

I can hardly wait to celebrate this girl for many years to come. She is our most precious blessing & I am lucky to be her mama. Next year though, I think we are doing an easy birthday. But----I said that last year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment