Monday, June 18, 2012

Taste Buds

So, just when I have a routine in place and all is smooth sailing in the food department-Miss P changes her mind. She is becoming very strong willed for such a tiny thing and she knows what she likes and doesn't like. A few weeks ago she started turning her nose up to anything that was served by me on a spoon. After I had made all these new amazingly delicious purees, she decides she wants to feed herself. {Where is my baby going?}


Imagine this convo: I am stressing.....OMG what will I feed her now? My mom, whom I thank God for daily, calmly says; "Well, feed her what you eat!" Well, hello first time mom, of course.

{So we started small with}
  • peas, steamed carrots
  • quartered grapes and blueberries
  • cup up peaches, mandarin oranges
  • little bits of chicken
  • soft pasta boiled in chicken broth (she's a huge fan)
 
Fun & Messy

{Then we got a little wild and tried}
Practicing with a spoon
  • Grilled cheese
  • Quinoa
  • Chicken, tri colored couscous and sweet potato
  • Seasoned ground turkey
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Broccoli 
  • All beef hot dog (guilty: it was a busy day)
  • Dirty Orzo (my recipe:seasoned beef, orzo, peas, & carrots)
 It's only been a week so I have plenty of ideas up my sleeve.....and a finger food cook book in route. Of course! I just hope I can keep up a good variety.  I stress out when she eats foods that aren't fresh and healthy, but hey I am still here and I had a hot dog every now and then. 

I am always open to suggestions and would love to know what your favorite 'baby friendly' food was!

1 comment: