I switched Miss P to formula to formula at about 6 months and immediately realized how much this little gal drank. I was throwing these empty cans away eery couple weeks. I stored away a few cans because I thought for sure I will think of another way to use these. I turned them into cute little containers for that stuff that never has a place under your bathroom sink: brushes, teasing comb, curling iron, straightener etc.
I used two emptied, washed formula cans, a roll of Jute, and a jar of rubber cement.
Start at the bottom and coat about an inch of the can at a time with a good helping of the rubber cement, then start rolling the jute around the can. I squished it down as I went. That's the good thing about using rubber cement, it doesn't dry super fast so you have time to adjust. Keep working your way up and put a good coat around the last layer. Be prepared, your nails will look yucky when you are done because glue gets everywhere. That pretty shellac you see was peeling the next day. :(
Unfortunately, we do not have any drawers in our master bath. So, these are the perfect fix to keep my hair tools organized and not just tangled up in the cabinet. I am trying really hard in the new house to put my bathroom stuff back in its place and not leave stuff on the counters. So.far.So.good!
You could use these in many other places and OMG what if you covered them in ribbon or lace and added a ruffle and used in a kids bathroom. The possibilities of recovered formula cans are endless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love it! Too bad I don't have any formula cans lying around! Great idea though. I'm sure I could find some other old container to do that with.
ReplyDelete