Sunday, April 1, 2012

Farewell 742




It is so bittersweet for us to move out of this precious house. I keep saying I don't want to leave and Spence just says we are moving up and we can't rent forever. He is, of course, right! We are excited to be buying our first home, but part of our heart will always be here because this is where our life as 'The Daigles' began. Gosh, I am so darn sappy sometimes. This picture to the right was taken the weekend after we moved in after we had worked on the yard all day. We were married just 3 weeks and were so excited about our little house.

We have absolutely fallen in love with this friendly, quaint little neighborhood they call The Heights and we are so glad that we are putting down some more permanent roots here.

Leaving this house, I will miss the character, the glass door knobs, the front porch, the swing, the fireplace, the stained glass, the creaky antique floors, the built ins, the original windows, the wine fridge, the white picket fence, the coziness. I however, will not miss the pedestal sink, the closet situation, the outside laundry, the strange smell after it rains, the plumbing issues, the critters we hear in the walls, the dust, the lack of play space for Presley, the lack of a garage, or the lack of insulation. Ahhhhh, I can already smell shiny polished floors and fresh paint. Here's to moving out and up!
Top Memories on 12th Street
Finding out we were pregnant (1-9-11)
Celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary 
 Bringing our baby girl home
Bryan moving in across the street
Our first Christmas & Presley's first Christmas
 Football watch parties in the backyard 
Dance Parties
Lights in the Heights
Decorating the nursery
Crawfish Boils 
Gender Reveal Party
Walks with the girls 
Winston attacking a opossum in the backyard (LOL)
SO many celebrations......

After 2 full days we are settled in moved in out in Katy. Most of our stuff is in storage and waiting for the new house. It sure is hard to pack for two different places, but we did it. Thanks to Bryan and Dad for helping Spence ALL day Saturday while I was at the carnival. Thanks to GiGi & Gramps for watching P while we moved. Thanks to Mom for letting us invade her space and helping us with P today. What would we do without our family close by? Probably hire movers and babysitters.


No comments:

Post a Comment