Sunday, April 29, 2012

What's Cookin?

I am still the executive chef in the Daigle kitchen....my latest specialty being baby food. I slowly introduced every fruit and vegetable that she can have and lately I have been mixing different foods together. I actually cheat because I go hang out in the baby food aisle at H.E.B and check out what they mix together. Then, I just copy! Someone recently asked me if I though it really saved money, so this week I kept track of what I bought and made and I will share my findings here. The main reason I make her food isn't really to save money, so whether it's cheaper or not, I will keep doing it. Like I said, I'm the executive chef here & I like it. 

New on the menu for this week are: 
Butternut & Acorn Squash
Peas & Sweet Potato
Blueberries & Banana
Mango & Apple 

The squash all roasted up. It smelled like Thanksgiving in April.
Squash is pureed. Yum!

Peas & Sweet Potato. Note: Peas should go on the bottom because they are more difficult to puree'.
        



Freeze in trays and transfer to freezer bags the next day. Label & date. 
 I spent a total of $14 on this food. And I will say that $4.98 of that was on the tiniest container of Organic Blueberries (rip off). I still have 4 bananas, 3 mangos, and 2 avacado that I did not use today. Between this batch and the batch I made last week, I should be good for about 3-4 weeks at least. I think we have a pretty good variety too. Lucky Presley!

So, fellow baby foodies, what are your favorite combos? I would love to hear what your little ones loved?


No comments:

Post a Comment