Monday, July 23, 2012

Sippy Review

I realized the last time I unloaded the dishwasher that I have a new shopping addiction. Sippy cups! It's sad, really.....we have so many sippy cups you would think we had triplets. We went through quite a few to find just the right one for P.  Handles or no handles, short or tall, sort or hard spout? Lots of choices people when it comes to sippy cups.


The sippy cup isle can be a little overwhelming, so I am going to give you a little review on each sippy in the picture, left to right. Hopefully it will give you a little insight to the world of sippy cups for your baby/toddler and help you pick the right one! 

A great variety!!

Playtex First Sippster has been our favorite cup from about 6 months until now. The handles make it easier for new sippy cup users to tilt it up. It doesn't leak either, which is a great feature.  The spout isn't silicone, but it is soft and easy on their gums. They come in a variety of colors too. 


Playtex Lil Gripper is a cup I bought because I thought she would drink formula our of it. It is shaped more like her bottle that she drinks out of. It is 100% spill proof and holds 9 oz. The lid is plastic and I don't think my 11 month is ready for that yet, probably better for toddlers. This is the step up from the first sippster so that's why I purchased it. I am keeping these stored away for later use.


Tommee Tippee Lil Sippee First Cup is a silicone soft spout which is great for babies just starting out with a cup because it almost feels like a bottle nipple. I used this once and then never again because it leaked and the entire spout part comes out to be cleaned, which is great, but to get it back in is a pain & I think that is why it leaked. P could never suck out of this one without being covered in water. I've heard others who like it, so might be worth a try for you.


Nuby Grip N Sip Cup is another soft spout that I tried early on. I actually bought this after the Tommee Tippee was a fail, so I went with something with handles. Again, it leaked and the top is very tricky to screw on.  It might be a good one to start with though because it has a soft spout and handles. Maybe it won't leak for you. I was not a big fan of this Nuby cup, although I love many of their other products.


Nuby No Spill Super Spout Easy Grip is a new addition to my collection. Just bought it this weekend to try to start giving P formula in a sippy. It doesn't seem to leak and it is a good shape, very similar size to the bottle. Also it has a soft silicone spout which I wanted to transition from bottle to cup for formula and then milk after 1 year. One thing I don't like is the ounces are not marked and so you don't really know how much they are getting.  Not a big deal as they get older, but for P right now, I like to keep track.


Nuby Easy Grip Flip N Sip is our new favorite. P loves drinking water from a straw when at a restaurant so I thought we should try it out. Also, while chatting it up with a nice lady at Right Start she mentioned that her son loves these cups. I bought one and it has many features that I like for P. It doesn't have to be tilted to drink and the soft straw flips down and is covered when baby isn't using it. Goodbye germs! It also has handles, which makes it easier to hold and does not leak one drip.



It's always good to try several different options to find the right one for your baby, especially if he/she is particular about what they will drink from. My baby is not very picky, she will drink out of anything. It's really me that's picky!  I like to offer a variety because that way they don't get attached to one cup.



Hmmmmm what other baby products can I review??

No comments:

Post a Comment