So let's run through them quickly..... top to bottom
{Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber} Purchased to troubleshoot and try a new approach to our sleeping issues. Just started reading and we plan to start this weekend when we get all settled in our new house. I will have much to say I am sure in a few weeks.{The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabet Pantley} I enjoyed reading this, but it definitely didn't solve our sleeping troubles. The author is a mom and she has some really good points about sleep in general.
{The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp} A must read for moms to be! Mr. Karp is the swaddling, swaying, and shushing king. We swaddled until 6 months and used all his techniques to calm our newborn during those witching hours. The DVD is really good too, definitely from the 80's, but if you want to become the swaddling master like my husband-watch it. There is a lot of info that I never got to in this book, it's filled with tips & tricks.
{On Becoming Babywise Book 2} I thought I had to have this because I was so faithful to Book 1 (see below), but I probably could have done without. Talks a lot about the transitions babies make as they near the one year mark; like solid food, sippy cups, walking, sleep changes. I do refer to it every now and then.
{On Becoming Babywise I by Ezzo & Buchnam} This was my bible for the first couple months as a brand new breastfeeding mom. Taking on the sole responsibility of feeding you child is huge and this book really helped me gain knowledge on nursing. I read and tabbed this baby up a few months before Presley arrived. I also read & explained it to my mom and Spencer so they were also on the same page. It is a lifesaver for a new nursing mom who needs to see the big picture of how a day with a newborn should look when it comes to sleeping and feeding. Presley slept through the night at 8 weeks (until 6 months) and I have this book to thank for that. Staying on their schedule is tough sometimes, but it gives you predictability and a fairly stable schedule, which I can appreciate. As you can see from the work binding, I referred to this book for months and I plan to use it with any future Baby Daigs.
{What to Expect the First Year} Duh! Don't all moms have this? I was real good at first keeping up with reading the month before it was here so I would be prepared, but that quickly tapered off. Now I read it when I have a question and don't want to google for fear of over diagnosis.
Note:
There is a book missing from this stack, because it is on loan to another pregnant friend {Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy}. If you are pregnant, read it!! Most hilarious book ever. If your belly button is popped out, your fingers like sausages, and you're having really odd dreams, you will totally relate & feel better about your swelling body!
Here is what is on my "Waiting List." I will get to them one day!




No comments:
Post a Comment