Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another Mommy Tip

So, I have only been a mommy for 6 months and that is not very long, I know. However, I see to think I am full of tips and things that have made my life easier making this huge life transition. Really it's nothing special...just common sense. Well, it took me 6 months to learn this, but here it is:
Go out to dinner with your girlfriends...often

Sounds easy right? Nope, because last night was seriously the first time I have sat down to visit with two of my closest friends without Presley in 6 months. I hadn't realized how much time had passed. I guess I have been in a little bubble! I mean, I talk to them all the time and we go walking in the neighborhood, but, there is something about a nice dinner and a good bottle of wine with your friends that gives you an extra little pep the next day. Anyway, we went to Coppa; an new, amazingly delicious restaurant on Washington. We each had some not too heavy, not too light, perfectly flavored pasta. Really, it was good! We had a bottle of wine and just chatted it up. I didn't even pull out my phone to check for a text from Spence or show them the latest 'Presley gram" until after our plates had been cleared.
It was so nice and I appreciate my husband so much for taking care of ALL the nightly duties on his own so I could have a couple hours of 'me' time. I sure don't need it or want it often because, honestly, I really love spending every second with Spence & Presley, but I sure did enjoy my birthday dinner with my girls. It is so recharging....just what every mommy needs. I am promising myself that once a month at least. Who is going to hold me to that? 
We spent so much time reminiscing about the past, so I thought I'd toss in a throw back picture. Here we are in 2008 when we had shorter hair and could stay up a lot later. Love you girls!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man that picture is quite a flash back to our younger, immature, Roof days! So glad we could spend some adult time together and enjoy a good meal! Where to next month?! ...I'm pretty good at holding people accountable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too!! And I'll hold you to the monthly dinner! Who can pass up amazing food and wine?! We will come kidnap you at least once a month doll :-)

    ReplyDelete